reminders - 01
a personal list
01 - a
- the world is full of good things.
- I can contribute to those good things.
- the things I contribute can be great or small.
- some good things I consider small are great to others (& vice versa).
01 - b
- great happinesses are for only a few days (& that's okay!)
- small happinesses are for every day.
- even small happinesses have great importance and should be treated with respect.
- sometimes, small happinesses must be made (& that is okay).
01 - c
- time with sadness allows for appreciation of time with joy.
- sometimes I have to go down the hill. sometimes the climb back up the hill is hard.
- the view from the top of the hill is lovely, and worth the climb.
- often, the view is that much better for having been to the bottom - to see how far I've come.
01 - d
- I can start over again.
- habits, chores, projects, beliefs - these can be made anew, whenever I want.
- no sunk cost fallacies here! 1 things I've put time into can be scrapped to make way for better options.
- there is room in life to change and move and begin again, physically and mentally.
• • • • • • • •
"The sunk cost fallacy occurs when we feel that we have invested too much to quit. This psychological trap causes us to stick with a plan even if it no longer serves us and the costs clearly outweigh the benefits."↩